NPL Estates acquired the Irvine Harbour Company which was previously owned and operated by ICI.
The Irvine Harbour Company was formed under the Irvine Harbour Order Confirmation Act 1920.
The Act is still in force and Irvine Harbour Company upholds its duties by providing and maintaining:
Moorings for annual lease
Slipway for dinghy launch
Facility for visitor berthing
|Irvine Harbour Company has already been proactive by removing the trolleys and other detritus which were on and next to the slipway and proved a danger to wildlife. This has also now provided a more attractive area for visitors to the Harbour.
Trolleys in the river endangering wildlife. Debris
has now been removed by new Harbour Company
Another improvement has been the provision of renewed aids to the navigation lighting system much to the delight and satisfaction of the Northern Lighthouse Board and local sailors.
Irvine Harbour Company along with parent company NPL Estates will play a leading role in the regeneration of the Harbourside.
NPL Estates has substantial landholding on the peninsula including the Big Idea building and the footbridge which currently provides pedestrian access. NPL are working under a Partnership Agreement with North Ayrshire Council to regenerate the Ardeer Peninsula, safeguarding the existing employment on the site and bringing much needed investment into the area in the form of employment, housing, leisure and amenities. For further info visit www.nplestates.com